We are always working to make Vancouver's homes and buildings safer, healthier, and more accessible. We:
- Work with the public to reduce the waste generated through building and renovating
- Review permit applications, and enforce regulations in a fair and consistent manner
- Work hard to decrease the length and complexity of the permit process by introducing online services and more efficient processes
- Enforce procedures to protect historic buildings and our urban forest during development and renovations
When you need a permit
Not all projects need a permit, find out when you don't need a permit.
There are risks to not having a permit. You could face serious – and potentially costly – consequences.
Contact the Development and Building Services Centre
Location and mailing address
Development and Building Services Centre
515 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4A8
- Broadway-City Hall SkyTrain Station
- 99 B-line, #15, and #9 buses
Free 2-hour parking
West 10th Ave parking lot,
between Cambie and Yukon
Have you submitted an application online?
We want to hear from you.